Garden fire pits are fantastic additions to any outdoor space, providing warmth and a cosy atmosphere for gatherings with friends and family. They come in various styles, materials, and sizes, making it easy to find the perfect one for your garden. Garden fire pits not only serve as a source of heat but also as an aesthetic centrepiece, creating a welcoming ambiance for your guests.
When selecting the best garden fire pit, it’s crucial to consider factors such as size, material, and design. Size is essential to ensure the fire pit fits seamlessly in your available space and suits your entertaining needs, while material plays a significant role in durability and weather resistance. Materials like stainless steel, cast iron, and stone vary in longevity and required maintenance. Additionally, design determines the overall appearance and functionality of the fire pit.
We’ve narrowed down some of the top garden fire pits that cater to various sizes, materials, and design preferences, ensuring a great addition to your outdoor space without compromising on warmth and aesthetic value.
Best Garden Fire Pits
As summer turns to autumn and the nights get cooler, one of the perfect ways to extend your outdoor time is with a cosy garden fire pit. Our top picks for the best garden fire pits will keep you warm, create a delightful ambience, and make your garden a welcoming place to relax and entertain. So grab a blanket, some marshmallows, and discover your new favourite garden feature in the list below.
The XIOYIG Tabletop Fire Pit is an excellent choice for those wanting a sleek, modern fire pit that doubles as a conversation piece.
- Unique, eye-catching design
- Easy to use with isopropyl alcohol as fuel
- Long combustion time of 90-120 minutes
- Not suitable for cooking purposes
- Fuel refilling can be a bit tricky
- Limited heat output compared to larger fire pits
The XIOYIG Tabletop Fire Pit stands out with its contemporary design made mostly of concrete with a marble base. The combination of materials not only enhances its appearance but also serves a functional purpose, as the marble disperses heat effectively, protecting your table and surfaces.
Using 70% or 91% isopropyl alcohol as fuel, the fire pit is simple to ignite and provides a low-maintenance fire experience. The combustion time of 90-120 minutes allows you to enjoy the flame without frequent refuelling, and the stainless steel alcohol combustion cup prevents fuel leakage.
Although the XIOYIG fire pit offers an enjoyable fire ambience, it is not suitable for cooking or roasting marshmallows, and its heat output can’t match that of larger fire pits. Keep in mind that refilling the fuel requires caution, so be sure not to add fuel during combustion.
Overall, the XIOYIG Tabletop Fire Pit is perfect if you’re looking for a stylish fire pit that adds warmth and atmosphere to your indoor or outdoor gatherings.
The Pure Garden Fire Pit Set is perfect for those seeking a stylish and durable outdoor fire pit for cosy gatherings.
- Contemporary design with copper accents
- Durable, weatherproof, and powder coated steel frame
- Low maintenance and easy setup
- Some assembly required
- Not the lightest option at 23.9 pounds
- Unsuited for large gatherings due to its size
The Pure Garden Fire Pit Set is an ideal blend of modern design and natural elements that’ll make a great addition to your patio or deck. You’ll love how easy it is to set up and the minimal maintenance required. Wood burning provides convenient heating and the fire pit comes with a safety log poker, spark screen, and protective cover made of weather-resistant PVC.
It’s important to mention that while the Pure Garden Fire Pit is made from a robust powder coated steel frame, it does require some assembly. This might not be an issue for you, but it’s worth considering if you’re in a hurry to get your fire pit up and running.
Lastly, the fire pit’s dimensions (32″ L x 32″ W x 20.5″ H) make it more suitable for smaller gatherings, as larger groups might struggle to fully appreciate its warmth and atmosphere. However, this could prove to be the perfect companion for roasting s’mores with the kids or enjoying an evening bonfire with a few close friends – all while making lasting memories.
You’ll enjoy many cozy evenings with this stylish and durable garden fire pit, perfect for backyard gatherings.
- Sturdy and well-built with premium steel
- Square design offers stability and wide edges for convenience
- Comes with useful accessories like a top cover, log poker, and protective cover
- Cooking grate not included
- May require occasional maintenance to prevent rust
- Assembly can be time-consuming with lots of screws
As you set up the Yaheetech firepit in your garden, you can’t help but admire its copper finish and compact design. It’s easy to move and store, making it perfect for spontaneous barbecues or just a warm night by the fire. The wide edges offer a perfect spot for resting drinks, allowing friends and family to gather round comfortably.
Its solid steel construction ensures it’ll last for many outdoor get-togethers, and the included spark screen, log poker, and protective cover keep the fire pit safe and secure when not in use. However, do note that a cooking grate is not included, so you’ll need to purchase one separately if you’re planning to cook on it.
In conclusion, the Yaheetech 32in Outdoor Firepit is a great addition to any garden, providing a versatile and attractive focal point for outdoor events. Just be prepared to spend some time on assembly and occasionally maintain the fire pit to keep it looking its best.
Consider the PaPaJet 36 Inch Fire Pit for its versatile features and multi-use design, perfect for your garden or patio.
- Large fire pit with 2 grill grates and a heat radius of 4 feet
- Can function as a round metal table with the lid on
- Adjustable and 360° swivel cooking grates
- Requires assembly with two adults
- Legs may need extra stability on uneven ground
- No dedicated ash removal system
This PaPaJet Fire Pit is a fantastic addition to any garden or patio. Its 36-inch size and two grill grates allow for a roaring fire and plenty of space for cooking your favourite dishes. The adjustable cooking grates are a welcome feature, making it easy to cook a variety of foods, from toasting marshmallows to grilling vegetables and meats.
When not in use as a fire pit, simply place the lid on top, and it transforms into a round metal table perfect for leisurely moments with your friends and family. The fire pit’s attention to detail, with its four uniquely designed legs, ensures extra stability on uneven surfaces, while the high-temperature powder coating resists rust and adds durability.
Although assembly is required, and it may take two adults about 20 minutes to complete, you’ll find it’s worth the effort. However, keep in mind that there is no dedicated ash removal system, so you’ll need to find your own method for disposing of ashes.
In summary, the PaPaJet 36 Inch Fire Pit is a versatile and functional outdoor centrepiece, perfect for enhancing your garden or patio experience.
When looking for the perfect garden fire pit, there are several factors to consider so you can make the best decision. Keep in mind the following aspects to choose a fire pit that suits your needs and preferences.
Size and Portability
Before making a purchase, consider the available space in your garden for a fire pit. You may want a compact and portable option if you’re planning to move it around or store it easily. Larger, more permanent fire pits are ideal if you have ample space and intend to create a fixed gathering area.
Material and Durability
Fire pits are available in various materials, each with its advantages and drawbacks. Common materials include:
- Cast iron: This material retains heat well and is heavy-duty, but it may be prone to rust if not maintained properly.
- Steel: It is lighter than cast iron and available in various designs, but it may also be prone to rust if not covered when not in use.
- Stone or concrete: These fire pits are usually more expensive and heavier, but they are extremely durable and can withstand harsh weather conditions.
Consider the type of fuel you prefer for your fire pit. There are three main options:
- Wood: Provides the traditional and authentic crackling fire, but requires more maintenance as you will need to collect or purchase firewood regularly.
- Gas: These fire pits offer a more controlled flame and less smoke, but they require a gas source and may lack the charm of a wood-fuelled fire.
- Bioethanol: A smokeless and environmentally friendly option, but it may not provide as much warmth as wood or gas variants.
A fire pit with robust safety features can be a big plus, especially if you have children or pets. Look for options with a mesh spark screen, a stable base, and a heat-resistant outer surface.
Hopefully you’ve found some inspiration here to go out and find the perfect fire pit for yur garden.
Which fire pit did you go for in your garden? Any makes or models that you’d recommend? Let us know in the comments!